Science Atlantic Undergraduate Research Award
(formerly the NSERC Representatives’ Undergraduate Student Award, 2004-2012)
This award is presented to the student (or students) giving the best research presentation(s) at an annual Science Atlantic conference. A total of $400 is available for each conference.
The Award consisted of a cash prize and a letter of commendation and can be split into oral and poster presentation prizes.
- Abstract – Statement of problem, objectives, principal findings
- Presentation – Clarity, visual aids, organization
- Scientific merit – Experimental design, innovative approach, and interpretation of data
- Overall knowledge and response to questions
- Demonstrated potential to pursue graduate studies and research