Registration and abstract submission now open!
ChemCon 2021 will be hosted virtually by Mount Allison University from Thursday, May 20 to Friday, May 21. Registration is $10. The abstract submission (250 words max) is Monday, May 10. The deadline for oral and poster presentation submissions is Friday, May 14. More information can be found on the website.
The 2-day conference will include:
- Poster and oral student presentations
- Keynote speakers
- Q&A session
- Graduate Fair
- Diversity panel
- Non-academic career path panel
- Trivia with prizes
The keynote speakers are Dr. Cathay Crudden, Professor and Canada Research Chair in Metal Organic Chemistry and Dr. Warren Chan, Distinguished Professor and Canada Research Chair in Nanobioenginnering.
The speakers in the Diversity in Chemistry panelists are:
- Dr. Nola Etkin, Dean of Science, University of Prince Edward Island
- Dr. Jenny Wong, Assistant Professor of Chemistry, Mount Allison University
- Dr. David Palmer, Professor of Chemistry, Department Head, University of Saskatchewan
- Dr. Cathay Crudden, Professor, Canada Research Chair in Metal Organic Chemistry
The Non-Academic Career Paths panelists are:
- Dr. David Barnett, Research Scientist, Atlantic Cancer Research Institute
- Mr. Stephen Ball, Regional Director, Natural Products Canada
- Mr. Gregory Conn, Senior Research Scientist, Biovectra Inc.
- Dr. Stephen Graham, CEO, Picomole Inc.
More information about registration and abstract and presentation guidelines can be found on the ChemCon 2021 website, along with speaker bios and a tentative schedule.