The Canada’s Federal Student Work Experience Program (FSWEP) provides current students with employment opportunities across Canada!
Once you apply to FSWEP you are placed in an inventory for potential part-time employment (fall/winter) and full-time employment (summer) opportunities while you complete your studies. No previous work experience is necessary!
FSWEP is the primary tool that federal organizations use to recruit and hire students. The program gives students fair and equal access to jobs across Canada. Students have the opportunity to apply to a variety of coast to coast jobs, ranging from office positions in IT and administration, to outdoor research and field work. Other sources such as their departmental programs allow students to apply directly to popular student positions which include:
- Student border services officer
- Student guide in France
- Crew member and coxswain for the Inshore Rescue Boat Service
- Science students supporting the work of the Great Lakes Area Program
- Aboriginal student program
- Guide interpreter at Rideau Hall and La Citadelle
- Capital information officer and tour guide
- Scientific computing student
In order to be eligible to apply to the FSWEP Inventory, you must be a full-time student and be returning to full-time studies in the next academic term. A successful completion of the program can help you gain a temporary or permanent position in the federal public service.