Welcome (back) to Science Atlantic!
If you’ve been invited to view this page, you are your institution’s Science Atlantic representative, one of the 17 voting members who determine the direction of the organization.
Founded in 1962, Science Atlantic is a registered charitable association with a mission to advance post-secondary science education and research in Atlantic Canada by providing opportunities that foster and enrich students, supporting and inspiring researchers and educators, and using our collective voice to address important regional science issues.
We would like to take this opportunity to specially welcome our newest member, Nova Scotia Community College. We are excited to have you join us!
Check out our video below to learn more about Science Atlantic!
Role of an Institutional Representative
- Attend the Annual General Meeting and participate in decision-making
- Educate your President and senior administrators about the value of the organization
- Stay up to date on Science Atlantic news and activities to promote the organization to students and faculty
- Assist in recruiting faculty members/staff to Science Atlantic committees when vacancies arise
- Host an annual meeting of your institution’s Science Atlantic representatives
- Encourage researchers and facility managers across campus to include their infrastructure in AFRED
- Support your faculty and students to participate in Science Atlantic events and conferences
- Support your faculty and students when hosting a Science Atlantic conference