Dr. Susan Gass
Biology, ecology and conservation of cold-water corals:
• Impacts from fishing and offshore oil and gas on coral ecosystems
• Using corals as tracers of marine pollution
• Conservation planning for cold-water corals
• Biodiversity on campus and in urban environments
• Biodiversity in the public domain
Dr. Andrew Grant
- Organic Chemistry
- Bio-organic Chemistry
- Mechanism-of-action of biotin
- Green organic synthesis
- Synthesis of superconducting organic polymers
Dr. Shannan Grant
- Assessment of nutrition education/ intervention from both the perspective of the patient/ client and the health care professional.
- Developing and implementing dietary interventions using knowledge translation strategies, classical behaviour change theories and core education principals.
Dr. David Gray
Dr. Michelle Gray
- Indicators of ecosystem health
- Environmental monitoring study design
- Long-term monitoring data analysis
Dr. Lawrence Hale
- Molecular evolutionary genetics of insects, specifically fruit flies.
Dr. Jacob Hanley
- Quantitative fluid and melt inclusion studies in magmatic-hydrothermal ore-forming systems with a focus on precious metal deposits
- Ore body characterization linking ore and gangue mineralogy to mineral processing efficiency and recovery
- Hydrothermal experimental studies
- Volatile chemistry of paleofluids with a focus on hydrocarbons
- Mineral chemistry, alteration and stable isotope studies of hydrothermal systems informed by in-situ microanalysis (Raman, SEM, SIMS, LA-ICPMS)
- Trace element analysis of archeological slags and metallic artifacts for advancing provenance studies
Dr. Petra Hauf
- Cognitive development during infancy and early childhood
- Understanding actions
- The impact of perceptual and motor development
- Acquisition of physical knowledge.
Dr. David Hornidge
- Medium-energy experimental subatomic physics
- The development of machine learning algorithms for real world applications.
- Evolutionary Computation and Artificial Neural Networks. Application areas include neuroinformatics, bioinformatics, kinematics, geology, art, finance, and clinical applications.
Dr. Diego Ibarra
- Data mining
Dr. Shafiqul Islam
- Ergodic Theory
- Dynamical systems
- Random Dynamical systems
- Stochastic processes
- Frobenius- Perron operator,
- Applications of stochastic processes and dynamical systems in Finance
- Iterated Function Systems (IFS), fractals and Applications
Dr. Michelle Jetha
- Cognitive neuroscience
- Biological psychology
Dr. Nathan Johnston
- Mathematical and computational problems motivated by questions in quantum information theory, linear algebra, matrix analysis, convex optimization.
Dr. Stephanie Jones
- Measuring attentional abilities in healthy adults across the lifespan, as an important precursor to identifying deficits in attention in those affected by stroke and Parkinson’s disease (PD), and understanding if and how cognitive functioning can be improved through computer-based training in person’s with PD.
Dr. Pierre Jutras
- Sedimentology; stratigraphy; structural geomorphology
- Lower Carboniferous tectonostratigraphy of the Maritimes Basin
- Sedimentology and paleogeography of Viséan clastic rocks adjacent to the Windsor Sea
- Paleoenvironment of phreatic calcretes in the geological record
- Early Paleozoic pedogenic environments
Dr. Mike Katz
- Porous Materials
- Metal Organic Frameworks
Dr. Liam Keliher
Dr. Aaron Kelly
- Development and application of algorithms for quantum dynamics simulations of photo-induced chemical processes.
- Natural light-harvesting systems
- Bulk heterojunction solar cells
- Molecules in optical cavities
- Solid state systems.
Dr. Vlado Keselj
- Text processing
- Natural language processing
- Data mining
- Multi-agent systems
- Computational number theory
- Programming languages