Dr. Shannan Grant
- Assessment of nutrition education/ intervention from both the perspective of the patient/ client and the health care professional.
- Developing and implementing dietary interventions using knowledge translation strategies, classical behaviour change theories and core education principals.
Dr. David Gray
Dr. Michelle Gray
- Indicators of ecosystem health
- Environmental monitoring study design
- Long-term monitoring data analysis
Dr. Jacob Hanley
- Quantitative fluid and melt inclusion studies in magmatic-hydrothermal ore-forming systems with a focus on precious metal deposits
- Ore body characterization linking ore and gangue mineralogy to mineral processing efficiency and recovery
- Hydrothermal experimental studies
- Volatile chemistry of paleofluids with a focus on hydrocarbons
- Mineral chemistry, alteration and stable isotope studies of hydrothermal systems informed by in-situ microanalysis (Raman, SEM, SIMS, LA-ICPMS)
- Trace element analysis of archeological slags and metallic artifacts for advancing provenance studies
Dr. Ian Hill
- Interface Engineering
- Organic Electronics
- Organic Solar Cells
- Perovskite Solar Cells
- Photoelectron Spectroscopies
- Printable Electronics
- Thin-film Transistors
- Surface and Interface Physics
- The development of machine learning algorithms for real world applications.
- Evolutionary Computation and Artificial Neural Networks. Application areas include neuroinformatics, bioinformatics, kinematics, geology, art, finance, and clinical applications.
Dr. Diego Ibarra
- Data mining
Dr. Shafiqul Islam
- Ergodic Theory
- Dynamical systems
- Random Dynamical systems
- Stochastic processes
- Frobenius- Perron operator,
- Applications of stochastic processes and dynamical systems in Finance
- Iterated Function Systems (IFS), fractals and Applications
Dr. Michelle Jetha
- Cognitive neuroscience
- Biological psychology
Dr. Nathan Johnston
- Mathematical and computational problems motivated by questions in quantum information theory, linear algebra, matrix analysis, convex optimization.
Dr. Stephanie Jones
- Measuring attentional abilities in healthy adults across the lifespan, as an important precursor to identifying deficits in attention in those affected by stroke and Parkinson’s disease (PD), and understanding if and how cognitive functioning can be improved through computer-based training in person’s with PD.
Dr. Alain Joseph
Dr. Pierre Jutras
- Sedimentology; stratigraphy; structural geomorphology
- Lower Carboniferous tectonostratigraphy of the Maritimes Basin
- Sedimentology and paleogeography of Viséan clastic rocks adjacent to the Windsor Sea
- Paleoenvironment of phreatic calcretes in the geological record
- Early Paleozoic pedogenic environments
Dr. Owen Kaser
Dr. Mike Katz
- Porous Materials
- Metal Organic Frameworks
Dr. Mojtaba Kaviani
Dr. Liam Keliher
Dr. Aaron Kelly
- Development and application of algorithms for quantum dynamics simulations of photo-induced chemical processes.
- Natural light-harvesting systems
- Bulk heterojunction solar cells
- Molecules in optical cavities
- Solid state systems.