Government & Industry
Science Atlantic is an established network of hundreds of researchers and students spanning 16 Atlantic post secondary institutions and nine science disciplines. This network provides opportunities for you to:
Access top students
- If you are interested in recruiting, attending a Science Atlantic conference is the perfect way to meet students from many Atlantic universities in one place. Science Atlantic students are the best in the region, having been chosen by their schools to present at the conference in their field. Most are in their final year of undergraduate studies.
- NSERC Atlantic can help you navigate the NSERC industrial scholarships program to hire recent graduates.
Access significant research infrastructure in the region
- The Atlantic Facilities and Research Equipment Database (AFRED) is an open access, online, searchable database designed to increase the use of specialized research infrastructure in our region by connecting potential users with the facilities that host the equipment.
- The purpose of this tool is to promote increased interaction between industry, SMEs, researchers, and others involved in R&D in the region, and to provide a starting point for the development of collaborations regionally, nationally, and internationally.
Showcase your business
Connect with scientists and students by taking part in one of our nine annual conferences.
- Host a trade show table: many of our conferences have booths where you can present your company and network with other attendees.
- Sponsor a conference or student award: naming opportunities are available for top sponsors.
Connect with Atlantic researchers
- NSERC Atlantic can help you identify potential partners and provide financial support for events that encourage academic-industrial collaboration.
- Check the Science Atlantic committee member lists for contacts in a number of science disciplines from each member institution.
Keep abreast of science news in Atlantic Canada
- Listen to a keynote speaker on one of our regional speaker tours (chemistry, geology, physics) or at one of our conferences.
- Join our mailing list.
- Follow us on Twitter @scienceatlantic
For more information on any of these opportunities, please contact Lois Whitehead, Executive Director.