Take advantage of the only regional, cross-disciplinary, post-secondary science network in
- Science Atlantic’s discipline-specific and topic-based committees provide the opportunity for faculty
members to connect with their colleagues from across the region
- Participate in online discussions
- Learn about local research and connect with potential new research partners
Meet students, colleagues, and scientists face-to-face at one of our conferences
Science Atlantic has supported academic conferences for over 50 years.
- Currently, nine discipline-specific and interdisciplinary academic conferences are hosted each year around
Atlantic Canada, with more being discussed
- Events are attended by faculty, researchers, and undergraduate and masters level students
- Meet top senior undergraduates from across Atlantic Canada, and maybe find your next grad student
Stay informed and make an impact on important regional science issues.
- Attend a talk (or give one) at one of our regional speaker tours
- Work with others to identify and address science education and research issues in the region
- Join our mailing list for updates highlighting science and science education news in Atlantic Canada
- Be recognized for your contributions with a service award or a nomination to the Members Hall of Fame
Let us help you with what you do!
- Access our custom Conference-in-a-Box (CIAB) conference planning software, including month-by-month
timelines for a variety of tasks, tailored to your specific conference and school, and including templates for
budgeting, fundraising, venue planning, and more
- List your research infrastructure in the Atlantic Facilities and Research Equipment Database (AFRED) to
help generate income with your facility’s downtime, or search for access to equipment you need for your