CIAB is a collection of tools developed in 2012 for conference organizers. There are three key resources:
1. Planning guide (http://sciatl.org/CIAB-planner)*
- A month-by-month planning guide, divided by each volunteer’s specific duties
- Templates for budgeting, fundraising, and venue planning
- Information specific to your conference such as student award amounts from previous years
- FAQ and event hosting tips, such as how to make the best use of social media, take great photos, negotiate catering, etc.
Each committee shares one login. If you have yet to receive your login credentials please contact Michelle McPherson.
*Please note that due to limited staff resources, not all content is up to date.
2. Online registration, abstract submission, and payment system (template)
We have built a custom registration system and integrated it with abstract submission and PayPal for online fees payment. Detailed information will be shared with you when you are ready to set up registration.
3. Online Awards System (OAS)
OAS is a data collection system you complete when the winners are decided. It generates polished, personalized certificates in minutes that you can print to hand out at your ceremony, and it keeps track of award winner information. This information is used by Science Atlantic staff to announce the winners as well as send out prizes and letters of commendation after the conference is over.
Awards information and OAS login details will be emailed to you approximately a month before the conference.