Welcome (back) to Science Atlantic!
Thank you for being a Chair of a Science Atlantic committee!
Science Atlantic is a registered charitable association with a mission to advance post-secondary science education and research in Atlantic Canada by providing opportunities that foster and enrich students, supporting and inspiring researchers and educators, and using our collective voice to address important regional science issues.
Founded over 50 years ago, Science Atlantic currently represents 17 post-secondary and research institutes, with a governing Board, ten committees, and the involvement of approximately 200 faculty, scientists, and administrators from across the region. Each institution has a representative on each relevant committee, and is represented as a whole by your Dean or equivalent.
Check out our video below to learn more about Science Atlantic!
Role of a Committee Chair
As a Committee Chair, your primary responsibilities are to:
- Support the mission of Science Atlantic
- Encourage active participation of your committee members
- Be aware of Science Atlantic policies
- Support your conference organizer (and tour coordinator if applicable)
- Represent your committee to the Board, Institutional Representatives and other Committee Chairs (by participating in virtual meetings and attending the November annual meeting in person)
Click to see the full job description